A good definition basically has two elements:
- First part explain WHAT is it;
- Second part explain anything about the term. For example: How it happen; What is the properties; When....etc.
- What is the meaning of neuralisation?
2. What is empirical formula?
Empirical formula is a chemical formula that shows the simplest ratio of atoms of each element in a compound.
3. What is the definition of hydrocarbon?
Hydrocarbon is a compound that consist of carbon and hydrogen atom only.
4. What is meant by heat of displacement?
Heat of displacement is energy change when 1 mol of metal is displaced by a more electropositive metal by its salt solution.
I wish students who sit for SPM compile a list of common chemistry terms and understand them. The list helps as you can refer it anytime instead of flipping through your thick notes or reference books. If you have any doubts, I'll always ready to help.