2010-05-05

Test for iron(II) ion and iron(III) ion

In my today lesson with form 5 students, I discussed the conversion of Fe2+ ion to Fe3+ ion by using oxidizing agents and conversion of Fe3+ to Fe2+ ion by using reducing agents.   To my shock, my students were hardly name any chemicals used to test the presence of Fe2+ ion and Fe3+ ion. 

Some students complained that is hard to remember the facts. Some would said that they didn't carry out the test when they were in form 4. I'm wondering, any students instead of blaming others, being proactive thinking ways to remember the facts? So far, some of ex-students creating stories(huh? story on chemistry facts?), songs, pneumonics, colourful notes with diagrams/mindmap to remember this. They ended up enjoying the fun of learning.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment